Oblak disappointed with Atletico and has no intention of renewing
Sources close to Jan Oblak have informed As that Jan Oblak feels a little let down over certain promises that weren't kept by Atletico Madrid.
Jan Obak has started the season the same way as he finished the last by being decisive for Atletico Madrid. On Saturday, he saved all three points for the club when he saved late on from Rayo's Sergio Moreno. He did the same against Valencia to salvage a point for Atletico.
His contract has been given a lot to talk and thought during the last number of weeks. However, As spoke to sources close to the Slovenian and they say he has no intention of sitting down to discuss his future with Atletico for now.
The goalkeeper feels a little let down with promises that were made during his last contract extension, which came in February 2016 when his release clause was lifted from €45 million to €100 million, and were not kept.
Oblak believes that Atletico have had more than enough time to settle the issue and that "at the moment, it's not a question of money" as the sources close to the player said.
During the sumer, Liverpool were the club most attentive to Oblak's situation but the €100 million was slightly out of their price range and they eventually signed Alisson for €80 million.
Chelsea also showed interest along with PSG, who respectively signed Kepa for a world record fee and Buffon as a low-cost option.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS US Will the covid-19 vaccine be mandatory in NY for teachers?
- CORONAVIRUS US Where are the Delta variant danger zones?
- NFL NFL: When should the San Francisco 49ers start Trey Lance?
- NFL Dolphins QB Tagovailoa on injured reserve, to miss at least 3 games
- Liga MX Club América vs Chivas live: Liga MX 'Super Clásico Nacional' online
- NBA Report: Simmons rejects meeting with teammates on 76ers rift