Mariano inherits Cristiano Ronaldo’s number 7
Real Madrid presented their returning striker at the Bernabéu, with Mariano signing till 2023.
Mariano will wear the number 7 for Real Madrid, with the striker returning to the Bernabéu and signing a deal that will keep him at the club till 2023.
The Spanish born Dominican player rejoins Real Madrid from Lyon, who he moved to last summer for eight million euros. Real Madrid will pay the French outfit 19.5 million euros to exercise their buy-back clause, plus a possible further 1.9 million in add-ons.
Mariano presented at the Bernabéu
Mariano was presented by Real Madrid this afternoon, Friday, with thousands of Real Madrid fans at the Bernabéu to welcome the striker who inherits Cristiano Ronaldo’s number 7 shirt.
Speaking after his presentation, Mariano said it was a very special day for him, and thanked the club, the coach and president Florentino Pérez and everyone who had made it possible for him to be back at the Bernabéu.
Recommended in English
- TRANSFER MARKET Real Madrid: Palmeiras to slap €100m price tag on Brazil wonderkid Endrick
- SERIE A Vlahovic tipped to fill Cristiano Ronaldo's boots at Juventus
- CORONAVIRUS What is ‘stealth Omicron’ and where have the first cases appeared?
- US NEWS Who are the main candidates for the position in the Supreme Court?
- NFL Why is the AFC Trophy named after Lamar Hunt?
- NFL How are the Cincinnati Bengals preparing for the noise in Arrowhead Stadium?