Valdano: "Real Madrid are more harmonious this year, the goals are sons of the style of play"
The Argetine spoke to El transistor about Real Madrid's start to life under Julen Lopetegui and was full of praise for their signing of Mariano in the summer.
Jorge Valdano, former Real Madrid player, manager and sporting director, says Real Madrid "are more harmonious" this year and that the goals are "sons of the style" under Julen Lopetegui as he was full of praise for the club's opening games under their new manager and their summer business.
The eloquent Argentine spoke to El Transistor and said "it seems like this year at Real Madrid, they are more harmonious, the goals are sons of the style of play."
He says "Mariano is a born finisher" and that his signing was a very smart move from Real Madrid. "He's a player very different from Benzema. He offers Lopetegui something different, he is a different style '9' to Benzema and they can also play together. Marino is a born finisher," he says.
Valdano does say, however, that "Vinicius needs to adapt to football and other things" when speaking about sending the Brazilian down to Castilla after moving from Flamengo in the summer. Lopetegui had said that he needs more "cooking time" and Valdano seems to agree.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Is a government shutdown going to happen at the end of the month?
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Football heading for 30-minute halves and stopped clock
- NFL Houston's Mills will be fourth rookie QB to start this year
- NFL Tom Brady admits he wants to be paid in Bitcoin
- SOCCER UEFA criticises FIFA for lack of consultation on World Cup proposals
- JUVENTUS Juventus player Arthur Melo involved in car crash