FA poster woes over England - Spain continue
The English FA corrected their Piqué mistake, only for Diego Costa to pull out. England v Spain gets underway at 20:45, Saturday 8 September.
The FA had a shocker with their first promotional poster for the UEFA Nations League match between England and Spain at Wembley on Saturday 8 September (kick-off 20:45 CEST) when they used an image of Gerard Piqué alongside Harry Kane. Alas the Barcelona defender has retired from international football.
Diego Costa pulls out
The FA decided to have another go, but alas the gods weren’t smiling on them. They went with Diego Costa as the Spanish player on the new poster, but he ended up pulling out of the squad with his wife close to giving birth. He’s been replaced by Iago Aspas.
Te recomendamos en English
- BOXING Joshua: "No real strategy except for winning" against Usyk
- BOXING Anthony Joshua vs Oleksandr Osyk: date, tickets, venue
- WORLD NEWS How does Evergrande conglomerate put China's housing system in danger of collapse?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Klopp salutes Liverpool ace Minamino and reveals Firmino fitness update
- GOLF Five reasons why we all love the Ryder Cup
- NBA 15-year NBA veteran JJ Redick announces retirement