Alderweireld's badge-less shirt puzzles Tottenham fans
Viewers of Tottenham's Premier League defeat to Liverpool on Saturday were quick to point out a noticeable absence from the defender's shirt.
During Tottenham's 2-1 loss to Liverpool on Saturday, eagled-eyed viewers were quick to notice a conspicuous absence from Toby Alderweireld's Spurs shirt.
Fans left scratching heads by badge-less Spurs shirt
As the Premier League match unfolded at Wembley Stadium, scores of fans took to social media to draw attention to the fact that, where the Tottenham club crest should have been, there was instead a blank space.
Hang on a minute, why hasn’t Alderweireld got the badge on his kit?🧐 #TOTLIV— Luke (@LukeJC) 15 de septiembre de 2018
The error - which is not the first time that the North Londoners have suffered a kit-related mishap at the 'Church of Football' - is yet to be explained.
Tottenham suffer second league loss on the trot
It was an afternoon to forget for Mauricio Pochettino's men, as goals by Georginio Wijnaldum and Roberto Firmino ensured victory for Liverpool despite Erik Lamela's late strike for the hosts.
After starting the campaign with three straight wins, defeat to the Reds means Tottenham have now lost two in a row in the league, having gone down 2-1 at Watford two weeks ago.
Te recomendamos en English
- Ryder Cup: Garcia gets action underway at Whistling Straits
- Joshua v Usyk: AJ aims to keep it simple as Fury looms large over capital clash
- WORLD NEWS What has Biden said about the Evergrande crisis?
- NFL NFL: Chargers after another road win at Chiefs in big AFC West clash
- PSG Mbappé is a fantastic guy - Pochettino backs PSG forward
- BARCELONA Ronald Koeman receives two-match ban for red card