Valencia fans give Juventus players a sleepless night
Local daily Las Provincias explains how the hardcore supporters did what they could to give their side an advantage ahead of the Champions League opener.
The local newspaper Las Provincias has reported on Wednesday morning that the players and staff that have travelled with Juventus had problems getting to sleep last night. This was due to approximately twenty hooded fans who appeared in the early hours at the Westin hotel, the base for the Serie A giants.
Juve sleep denied by noisy fans
The young Valencia supporters carried a banner that read "Juve merda" ("shit Juve") and fired screaming insultstowards the players who were trying to sleep.
And it wasn't just verbals that they hurled with several fireworks also used to disturb the team's night. Their actions alerted the national Police force, who arrived at the hotel and set up a perimeter around it so that Cristiano Ronaldo and the rest of the players could get their rest ahead of the Valencia game this evening at 21:00 local time.
The police are in the process of trying to identify the hooded group and are using the hotel's security cameras which recorded the events.
Recommended in English
- NFL “Nobody is satisfied here” Brady and the Bucs are ready to take on the Eagles!
- NFL NFL: Rams' Weddle set for stunning playoff comeback against Cardinals
- NFL Tom Brady vs Jalen Hurts: wild card appearances, stats and records
- USMNT Juventus boss praises USMNT midfielder Weston McKennie
- AFCON 2022 Khazri nets brace as Eagles of Carthage soar past the Lions
- AFCON 2022 Late blunder and Kessie miss cost Elephants