Cuéllar: "Not one Barcelona player congratulated us, it was an ugly gesture"
The Leganés goalkeeper, who was one of the stars of the show, says Barcelona did not congratulate them after the game and denounced their behaviour.
Leganés surprised the footballing world with a come from behind victory over Barcelona on Wednesay night. Carlos Cuéllar, the goalkeeper and one of the stars of the show was less than happy with Barcelona's behaviour after the game though. He spoke to El Larguero after the game and said not one Barça player congratulated them after their unlikely victory.
"It's true that we are Leganés and we are a humble team," he said. "But I like the people who are used to winning, when they do lose that they salute the winners and congratulate the other team, which is something that the Barcelona players didn't do."
He continued, "nobody congratulated us, not one of them congratulated us, I think that this is an ugly gersture." Barcelona were let off the hook when Real Madrid were beaten afterwards by Sevilla but it open up the league after a horrible start for Atlético Madrid.
Te recomendamos en English
- Space Missions Where did the SpaceX capsule splashdown?
- NFL Colts vs Rams: Eric Fisher possible starter, coming back after Achilles surgery
- Not this one Jimmy Greaves 1940-2021: English football's greatest ever goalscorer
- Soccer Crisis at Manchester United: Solskjaer rejects Ferdinand's Ronaldo
- PREMIER LEAGUE West Ham vs Manchester United live online: scores, stats and updates, Premier League 2020/21
- NBA NBA star Giannis Antetokounmpo visits Greece with mother and brother