Maradona: "Messi can't be a leader as he goes to the toilet 20 times before every game"
Diego Maradona tried to defend Messi but ended up criticising the Barcelona star whose rocky relationship with his country continues.
Diego Maradona tried to defend Lionel Messi against naysayers in Argentine but ended up criticising the Barcelona start on the program 'The Last Word Mexico' when he said you can't call someone a leader "who goes to the bathroom 20 times before every game."
"Messi is a great player but he goesn't get it. Before speaking to the manager, he will be on the PlayStation and then on the field, he asks to be and wants to be the leader. He is the best in the world along with Cristiano," said Maradona.
Maradona has been supportive of Messi's struggles with Argentina but has been just as quick to turn around and belittle the attacker.
Messi goes to the bathroom 20 times before every game
But then came the criticism that will reverberate around the world. "It's useless to make a leader of a guy who goes to the bathroom 20 times before a game. Don't worship Messi anymore. Messi at Barcelona is one thing and with Argentina he is another one."
And the Argentine legend goes on to say he wouldn't be calling Messi for the national team. "I wouldn't call Messi but never say never. You have to take the pressure off him in order to get the leader we want Messi to be, that he will not be. You say to Messi to 'throw yourself in head first' but he prefers to play videogames," Maradona says.
Te recomendamos en English
- HALLOWEEN 2021 How to create the perfect DIY Squid Games Halloween costumes: doll, guards, participants…
- NEW JERSEY ELECTION 2021 Who is running for governor in New Jersey?
- NFL New Orleans Saints vs Seattle Seahawks live online: scores, stats and updates | NFL Week 7
- NFL Packers WR Davante Adams placed on covid-19 reserve list
- NFL Eagles trade veteran QB Flacco back to Jets
- NFL Bears coach Nagy tests positive for covid