Kun Agüero revels in racing to Premier League milestone
Sergio Agüero spoke of his delight at following Alan Shearer to an impressive Premier League scoring mark.
Manchester City striker Sergio Agüero was in a celebratory mood after becoming the second-fastest player to score 150 goals in the Premier League. The 30-year-old brought up the milestone on his 217th appearance in England's top flight as he got on the scoresheet early in the 6-1 rout of Southampton on Sunday.
Newcastle United great Alan Shearer is the only player to have reached the mark in quicker time, doing so in 212 matches. City's all-time leading scorer also became the third man to score 150 goals for a single Premier League club behind Thierry Henry for Arsenal (175) and Wayne Rooney for Manchester United (183).
"Very happy for this win and for scoring my 150th goal in the Premier League with this great club," Agüero wrote on Twitter. "A big thanks to all the team and fans for their support. And we're going for even more!"
Top scorer in the Premier League
Agüero's seventh league goal of the season took him level with Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang and Eden Hazard in the Golden Boot race.
Te recomendamos en English
- Olympic Games Zverev sorry for sinking Djokovic's Golden Slam hopes
- Tax Refund How many Americans will receive the $1600 Tax refund payment?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: Women´s 100m final, USA Basketball, medal count, results, today 30 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOCCER Henry Martín could miss Mexico’s game against South Korea
- OLYMPIC GAMES What's the top speed of a 100m sprinter?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | ATHLETICS What are Usain Bolt's records on the Olympic track? 100m, 200m...