Reiss Nelson wins Bundesliga Rookie of the Month for October
The English attacker is on loan from Arsenal and is lighting up the Bundesliga with three goals and an assist in October for Hoffenheim.
Reiss Nelson has been named the Bundesliga Rookie of the Month for October. The English attacker is on loan from Arsenal and scored three goals and had an assist for Hoffenheim and has continued his fine form into November with two more goals in two games - both wins for the German side.
At just 18, he is scoring a goal every 51 minutes and is the top English scorer in European football. He is the second highest scoring teen in Europe behind PSG star Kylian Mbappe. “Nelson has huge potential and is a great player in one-on-ones with a lot of tricks to get close to the opposition goal,” says Nagelsmann of the Englishman's talent.
Bundeglisa's Rookie of the Month award
The award is handed out to players under 23 in their first season in the Bundesliga. The September award was won by on-loan Real Madrid defender, Achraf Hakimi.
Nelson is Hoffenheim's quickest player, clocking a top speed of 21.4 miles per hour. He also created seven chances last month.
Recommended in English
- SOCCER Which players have won the most Ballons d'Or?
- BALLON D'OR When did Cristiano Ronaldo win his Ballon d'Or awards? Seasons and stats
- BALLO D'OR When did Messi win all of his Ballon d'Or awards? Seasons and stats
- NFL Mac Jones continues his case as best rookie QB of the season
- NFL Cam Newton’s dreams of being Panthers savior shattered
- SOCCER 2021 Ballon d'Or awards ceremony: times, TV, how to watch and stream