Real Madrid in talks to sign Corinthians winger Pedrinho
The Bernabéu board are looking to secure the services of the 20-year-old with a view to loaning him to Ronaldo's Real Valladolid.
Real Madrid’s recent policy of combing the Brazilian market for promising young players looks set to continue with the Bernabéu in negotiations with Corinthians for 20-year-old winger Pedrinho.
After securing the signature of Vinicius Junior and Rodrygo, who is due to arrive at the club next summer but may land sooner, Real are now looking to add Pedrinho to their ranks as early as January, according to Spanish radio network Cadena SER.
Pedrinho set to join Madrid in January
Primarily a right winger, Pedrinho can also operate on the left or as an attacking midfielder. One of the most exciting prospects to emerge from the youth ranks at Corinthians in recent years, this season the youngster has been a mainstay of Jair Ventura’s first team, chalking up 32 Série A appearances and six in the Copa Libertadores.
The negotiation is a three-way affair, with Corinthians publishing a photograph on Sunday of Real president Florentino Pérez alongside his counterpart Andrés Sánchez and Ronaldo, who is the majority shareholder in LaLiga club Real Valladolid. It is expected that if Real are able to complete a deal for Pedrinho, whose release clause stands at $50 million, he will be loaned to Valladolid for a season to develop under the Brazil great, who ended his career at Corinthians.
Recommended in English
- NBA Ricky enjoying the present: "It's not a cliché, it's a lifestyle"
- NFL Chiefs record 12th successive win over Broncos
- NFL What happened with Ravens' failed two-point conversion against the Steelers in Week 13
- NFL Patrick Mahomes on what the Kansas City Chiefs need
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Casemiro in no doubt that Mbappé is compatible with Vinicius
- MANCHESTER UNITED Chris Armas: who is the US coach set to join Manchester United?