Fan protests see Bundesliga back down on Monday night games
Wide range protests from many Bundesliga clubs will ensure that no more Monday night games are played as of 2020/21 when the current television deal expires.
Protests and growing pressure from fan groups around Germany have led to the Bundesliga stating that they will no longer schedule games on Monday nights when the current television deal concludes at the end of the 2020/2021 season.
A widespread wave of protest was planned by many supporter groups this weekend as fans planned to remain silent for the first half of every Bundesliga match.
The following Monday, the first game of the season for that day was planned with Nuremberg set to face Bayer Leverkusen with the Monday night game proving unpopular for many since its inception in 2016.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: Caeleb Dressel 100m swimming, medal count, results, today 29 July
- Stimulus Checks $1000 stimulus check for educators: how to claim it if I haven't received it
- US NEWS Disgraced USA Gymnastics doctor, Larry Nassar has received $2,000 in stimulus checks
- LA GALAXY ‘Chicharito’ Hernández to miss his sixth consecutive MLS game due to injury
- Olympic Games | Gymnastics How tall and what age are the USA gymnasts?
- OLYMPIC GAMES Who is Jade Carey, the US gymnast replacing Simone Biles at the Olympics?