"Pintus is a bit of a bastard, I've never been as hungry working with him"
Fernando Morientes spoke about Real Madrid's physical trainer and said how much he enjoyed his time with him but says he was never as hungry in his life.
Fernando Morientes spoke to El Partidazo after Real Madrid beat Kashima Antlers in the semi-final of the Club World Cup.
The former footballer spoke about Antonio Pintus, Real Madrid's physical trainer and said, "he is a really nice guy, very friendly but a bit of a bastard although I love him like crazy." The Italian remained at the club after Julen Lopetegui's sacking because the players at the club spoke so highly of his work with them.
Morientes admits Pintus is the best physical trainer he ever worked under too. "The top three physical trainers in my career would be Antonio Pintus first, without a single doubt, then Jabi Miñano and third Pako Ayerestán," he said.
On the other hand, Morientes explains how difficult Pintus made it for him when they worked together at AS Monaco. "My competition weight was 83 kilos and Pintus told me to drop to 79 in three weeks when we were at Monaco. I've never been as hungry in all my life as I was with him."
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Buffalo Bills vs Tennessee Titans live online: scores, stats and updates | NFL Week 6
- NFL Ravens' John Harbaugh thinks Jackson critique misses point
- NFL Which NFL players have 'gone broke' after their career?
- SOCCER Real Madrid team news, possible starting XI against Shakhtar
- NBA NBA 21/22 season: How much does a cheerleader earn?
- MLB Astros vs. Red Sox live online, scores, stats and updates: Championship Series