Women's football "against human nature," says Steaua owner
Steaua Bucharest owner Gigi Becali said he would quit football if he was forced to introduce a women's team at the Romanian club.
Steaua Bucharest owner Gigi Becali labelled women's football "against human nature" and added females were "created to be beautiful to attract the opposite sex" in an astonishing rant.
The outspoken Becali made the comments after being asked how he would react if UEFA ever forced him to create a women's team at the Romanian club.
Phoning in to Pro TV, the 60-year-old told the Ora Exacta program: "I'll quit football! You can't do things against God's will. [It's more so] aligning to Satan's ideas. How can a woman play football?
"She isn't built for playing football. Her body isn't made for football. It's dangerous ... it's against human nature!
"The female was created to be beautiful, to attract the opposite sex. We are affecting women by letting them play football or by allowing them to box.
"They should play handball, volleyball, basketball, but not aggressive sports."
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 medal count updates: who has won more? Tally by country, today, 30 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOCCER USWNT: How many Olympic medals does Carli Lloyd have?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Alexander-Arnold signs long-term extension with Liverpool
- OLYMPIC GAMES | TRACK AND FIELD How many olympic medals has Allyson Felix won in her career?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOCCER USWNT 2(4)-2(2) Netherlands summary: score, goals, highlights | Tokyo Olympics 2020
- Olympic Games Zverev sorry for sinking Djokovic's Golden Slam hopes