Another signing for Barça: Senegalese full-back Moussa Wague
The youngest African player to score at the World Cup, Moussa Wague comes in to strengthen Ernesto Valverde's injury-weakened defence.
Ernesto Valverde confirmed this Friday what has been an open secret for some weeks now: Barcelona B defender Moussa Wague will be registered to play with the first team as of January 1 to provide much-needed cover in their injury-hit defence.
Wague, who holds the proud record of being the youngest African to score a goal at the World Cup, signed for Barcelona B from Belgian club KAS Eupen in the summer for 3 million euros. The 20-year-old is capable of playing at both left and right back and offers much-welcome cover for the injured Nélson Semedo and Sergi Roberto, and will provide relief for Jordi Alba.
The Senegalese defender had to wait a few months to get his documentation in order, but now has signed a contract at Barça until 2023, with his buyout clause set at 100 million euros. Since joining this summer, Wague has settled in well with Barcelona B and Valverde can now depend upon him to step in for Jordi Alba for the first team’s upcoming Copa del Rey fixtures in January.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: Caeleb Dressel 100m swimming, medal count, results, today 29 July
- Stimulus Checks $1000 stimulus check for educators: how to claim it if I haven't received it
- US NEWS Disgraced USA Gymnastics doctor, Larry Nassar has received $2,000 in stimulus checks
- LA GALAXY ‘Chicharito’ Hernández to miss his sixth consecutive MLS game due to injury
- Olympic Games | Gymnastics How tall and what age are the USA gymnasts?
- OLYMPIC GAMES Who is Jade Carey, the US gymnast replacing Simone Biles at the Olympics?