Mayweather floors Nasukawa inside one round in mismatch
Tenshin Nasukawa's vow to "take down" Floyd Mayweather Jr did not exactly go to plan.
Floyd Mayweather Jr scored a brutal first-round knockout victory in a mismatched exhibition fight against Tenshin Nasukawa in Saitama.
Mayweather makes quick work of fight after late arrival
Unbeaten boxing legend Mayweather rocked up to the arena late, causing a 90-minute delay to the scheduled fight time, with a flooded hotel lobby blamed for his delayed arrival.
But the American soon made up for lost time, knocking down his opponent twice before flooring him for a third and final time with a fierce right as the three-round exhibition, which was truthfully a pretty farcical affair, came to an abrupt end with around 40 seconds left in the first.
Undefeated kickboxer Nasukawa, who had vowed to "take down Mayweather" was left in tears in the ring but was hailed by his opponent, who claimed on Instagram he will earn $9 million for the bout.
Floyd Mayweather Jr's three-round exhibition bout against Tenshin Nasukawa did not last long....— Omnisport (@OmnisportNews) December 31, 2018
The American floored his opponent three times in as many minutes to secure a swift victory. pic.twitter.com/fabVAdo0Qn
"Hold your head up high," Mayweather tells Nasukawa
"I want to say thank you to Tenshin, it's about entertainment," he said in the ring. "Tenshin is still undefeated, I did this just to entertain the fans.
"I said, 'Why not?'. I'm still retired, still 50-0. Tenshin is a true champion and a hell of a fighter. Tenshin, hold your head up high, I want fans around the world to support Tenshin, he's a great guy and a great champion."
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 5 August
- UNEMPLOYMENT COMPENSATION $100 Mixed Earner Unemployment Compensation in California: what's the deadline to claim it?
- CORONAVIRUS Do all states have to follow the mask mandate?
- Coronavirus How effective are masks against the Delta variant?
- MLS “We urgently need to start winning trophies” - Carlos Vela on LAFC goals
- SERIE A Eriksen returns to Inter for first time since cardiac arrest