Real Madrid: LaLiga club sign Málaga starlet Chechu Martínez
"As of today, I'm a part of the greatest club in the world, Real Madrid C.F.," the 17-year-old defender said in an Instagram post on Thursday.
Real Madrid have snapped up 17-year-old Málaga prospect Chechu Martínez, the player himself has revealed.
Málaga youngster hails move to "greatest club in the world"
"As of today, I'm a part of the greatest club in the world, Real Madrid C.F.," said the central defender in a post on his Instagram account on Thursday. "It'll be a source of pride for me, and at the same time a huge challenge, to wear this shirt."
Martínez is expected to go into Madrid's Under-19s squad, although he could also be given game time with Castilla, the club's 'B' team.
Los Blancos are yet to publicly confirm the player's signing or add his profile to any of the squads listed on their official website.
Ver esta publicación en Instagram
Central defender can also operate at left-back
Also able to play at left-back, Martínez began his career in the Real Murcia youth set-up, before a spell at Valencia was followed by a move back down south to Málaga.
He has won three caps for Spain's Under-17s.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Rodgers, Jones give Green Bay first win of season: NFL Week 2 ratings
- NFL Who won Monday Night Football in NFL Week 2?
- NFL The NFL taunting rule is here to stay amidst criticism
- USMNT Sergiño Dest struggled in his return to Barcelona’s starting XI
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Ronald Koeman sacking a matter of when, not if
- Barcelona have to be more united than ever, says Ter Stegen