Joaquín scores direct from a corner
Betis legend Joaquín put his side 2-0 up in the semi-final Copa del Rey match against Valencia with an olympic goal.
Joaquín, the irrepressible Betis player, added to his status as a club legend tonight, scoring direct from a corner to put his side 2-0 up against Valencia at the Benito Villamarín in the first leg of the Copa del Rey semi-final. The game ended 2-2, setting us up perfectly for the second leg.
Joaquín starts celebrating olympic goal
Joaquín sent a viciously curling corner across from the left side that was palmed away from just inside the near post by the Valencia keeper Domenech. A scramble over the rebound ensued but Joaquín had started celebrating at the corner flag as he realised the keeper hadn't actually stopped the ball going directly over the line.
Referee Del Cerro was advised by the VAR that Joaquín's corner had gone straight in, leading to wild celebrations around the Benito Villamarín, none bigger than Joaquín's...
Joaquín straight to the top of Twitter
The olympic goal from Joaquín hit social media instantly, becoming the number one trending topic in Spain within seconds of the goal being awarded, and racking up nearly 50,000 tweets before the match was finished.
Te recomendamos en English
- 2021 Halloween costume ideas for kids: Cruella, Squid Game, umbrella costumes and more...
- US NEWS What benefits can you get in California? Social security, unemployment, others...
- SOCCER | REAL MADRID Real Madrid on red alert for Manchester United's Paul Pogba
- EL CLÁSICO Barcelona vs Real Madrid: what is El Clásico's new logo?
- EL CLASICO Which player has scored the most goals in El Clásico history? All time top scorers
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS $2000 stimulus check for every American: how many people support the proposal? can it happen?