What's in a name? A whole year. Meet Efmamjjasond González
The Colombian striker with the incredible name is having trials with San Lorenzo in Argentina at the request of coach Jorge Almirón.
Efmamjjasond González is a 20 year old Colombian striker who is currently having trials with San Lorenzo in Argentina.
The striker with 12 months in his name
His name may look like scrabble board after someone's had a fit of rage, but it makes a lot more sense to Spanish speakers, in a way. The letters are in fact the first letters of each month of the year in Spanish, in order. That is: Enero, Febrero, Marzo, Abril, Mayo, Junio, Julio, Agosto, Septiembre, Octubre, Noviembre and Diciembre. Which comes out as Efmamjjasond, though the player prefers to go by the more pronounceable Jasond (pronounced more like Hasond for English speakers).
Jasond trying his luck in Argentina
Jasond first made an impact at Atlético Nacional in Colombia as an 18 year old, when he scored against Gremio in the "Copa Mitad del Mundo" under the orders of Jorge Almirón. Almirón left Atlético for San Lorenzo in November last year and has now brought Jasond down the continent to try his luck in Buenos Aires, where he's keen to make his mark and make people remember him for more than just his name.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Fourth Stimulus Check Update: what's the situation in every state?
- NFL Congress demands answers from the NFL about WFT investigation
- NFL The NFL proposes a solution to its problem of 'race norming' in dementia settlements
- NFL NFL 21-22: What's the NFL record for most interceptions in a season?
- US NEWS Camera crew walk-off in the hours before Alec Baldwin fatally shot Halyna Hutchins
- US NEWS What states saw the highest number of workers quit this summer?