Kanté rejects PSG, prefers Real Madrid or Barcelona
Le10 Sport claims that N'Golo Kanté has rejected a huge offer from PSG, and would prefer Madrid or Barcelon were he to leave Chelsea.
Reports coming out of France claim that N’Golo Kanté has rejected a big-money offer from PSG.
According to outlet Le10 Sport, while the French midfielder is not currently considering an exit from Chelsea, he would be more in favour of a move to Real Madrid, Barcelona or even Bayern Munich before the Parisian club.
PSG had reportedly spent weeks putting together an attractive offer to entice Kanté, considered one of the best defensive midfielders in the world, and were surprised to learn that the player was not interested. The Ligue 1 club, however, are apparently not giving up on the operation, although they are aware it will be difficult to change the player’s decision on a move to the French capital.
Kanté, who recently renewed his contract at Stamford Bridge until 2023, is a key figure in Chelsea’s long-term plans and an indisputable starter for coach Maurizio Sarri. As reported by Goal, Chelsea would only be willing to entertain offers upwards of 110 million euros for the French international.
Kanté's salary puts must clubs out of the running
But regardless of Chelsea's asking price, with a salary of £290,000 (325,000 euros), the World Cup winner would be out of the reach of most clubs, who would view it as impossible to bid for a player on his salary scale.
Only major clubs like Real Madrid, Barcelona and Bayern Munich would have the capacity to bid for Kanté – the three clubs to which he would apparently be in favour of a move should the situation arise.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL The NFL proposes a solution to its problem of 'race norming' in dementia settlements
- NFL NFL 21-22: What's the NFL record for most interceptions in a season?
- NBA NBA 20/21 season to feature 109 international players from 39 countries
- US NEWS Director of photography killed by a prop gun on set of Alec Baldwin movie ‘Rust’
- NBA Eagles' Jason Kelce offers his opinion on Ben Simmons saga
- NBA 76ers' Ben Simmons fails to train after complaining of a 'tight back'