Case against Rayo opened after Atleti fans display racist banners in Vallecas
The Spanish FA Disciplinary committee have opened the case against the home side as the organiser of the event in which Atleti fans displayed the far fight paraphernalia.
The Spanish FA Disciplinary committee are set to open a case against Rayo Vallecano after a series of far-right banners were displayed along with supporters making Nazi salutes by a group of travelling Atletico Madrid fans at Saturday's LaLiga game in the Madrid neighbourhood.
The Federation communique states that claim comes as a result of "exhibition of a series of banners with a racist and xenophobic leaning" in the area occupied by Atlético Madrid supporters. The case was brought forward by the Spanish Football Federation's Integrity and Security division against the Vallecas club as being the host of the sporting event.
During the course of the game, a number of Atleti fans reported to be from the Frente Atletico ultra group carried out Nazi salutes which were later picked up on by Movistar + as they called upon the LaLiga to take action.
Recommended in English
- SOCCER Which players have won the most Ballons d'Or?
- BALLON D'OR When did Cristiano Ronaldo win his Ballon d'Or awards? Seasons and stats
- BALLO D'OR When did Messi win all of his Ballon d'Or awards? Seasons and stats
- NFL Mac Jones continues his case as best rookie QB of the season
- NFL Cam Newton’s dreams of being Panthers savior shattered
- SOCCER 2021 Ballon d'Or awards ceremony: times, TV, how to watch and stream