Levante president responds to Casemiro reaction for penalty
The second of Real Madrid's two spot kicks was controversial and the president says an ambulance would have been needed if contact was made.
Quico Catalán, the president of Levante UD, spoke after his team's 1-2 loss at home to Real Madrid, and was in no doubt that Casemiro did not deserve to be awarded that crucial second penalty.
Ambulance for Casemiro
As well as being "very proud" of the performance of the team, one that he thought deserved to win the game, the Catalán was clear about the incorrect decision to award Los Blancos a spot kick for a foul on Casemiro.
"He blew the whistle quickly. It's amazing how quickly he called that a penalty; I've seen 37 images and I think it's very harsh...
"I am surprised by the second penalty because there is no contact. If he [Doukouré] catches him [Casemiro] then he would have gone straight to an ambulance."
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Packers and Bears clash as Cardinals aim for six wins in a row
- NFL Eagles trade veteran TE Zach Ertz to unbeaten Cardinals
- LALIGA Ambitious Pedri wants to 'win everything every year' with Barça
- SOCCER European nations set to block FIFA World Cup plans regardless of vote
- NFL Which NBA teams have the highest salary cap in the 21-22 season?
- NBA | NETS Durant on Kyrie Irving situation: "What is being mad going to do?"