Futre marvels at Casemiro's 'Michael Phelps-esque' dive
The former Atlético de Madrid player took to Twitter to post an ironic message about the Real Madrid player winning a penalty against Levante.
Paulo Futre didn't agree with the penalty decision which referee Ignacio Iglesias Villanueva handed Real Madrid in last night's game at Levante. Cheick Doukouré took a swing at the ball in an attempt to clear it after Madrid had taken a corner and Casemiro went down clutching his leg. Television replays showed that no contact was made but the penalty was awarded regardless.
Como piscinero n°1 que fui, puedo decir que lo de Casemiro está en nivel Michael Phelps!! Mis respetos 🏊👌— Paulo Futre (@PauloFutre) 24 de febrero de 2019
Futre wrote on his Twitter account: "As the No.1 diver I was back in the day, I can attest that Casemiro's was on a level with Michael Phelps!! Full respect!".
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check and Child Tax Credit live updates: can it be passed in August? Dates, tax return, opt-out...
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 medal count updates: who has won more? Tally by country, today, 3 August
- OLYMPIC GAMES | ATHLETICS Tokyo Olympics: Warholm breaks own record of 46-second in 400 m hurdle gold run
- OLYMPIC GAMES | GYMNASTICS How many Olympic medals has Simone Biles? What's her position in US historical ranking?
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics: Belarus must answer to IOC over Tsimanouskaya saga
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics Recap: Warholm hurdles into history, Durant inspires USA into basketball semis