Morata given big welcome in Turin as Atlético Madrid arrive
Simeone, Griezmann and Godín also heard their name chanted upon arrival at their hotel on a beautiful spring day in Italy ahead of Tuesday's Juventus clash.
Atlético Madrid arrived at their hotel in Turin on Monday ahead of their huge Champions League second leg encounter against Juventus. The squad were welcomed to their base by a crowd of fans, and one name in particular was chanted more than others.
Morata gets Turin attention
The squad were in time for lunch and their arrival was greeted by sunny warm weather - if a little windy - as well as a group of around 50 people. A number of them were wearing the famous red and white stripes, while others carried the Argentine flag.
Of the shouts of support coming from the gathering, it was Álvaro Morata who received the most acclaim. There was also a decent tribute given to manager Diego Simeone, Antoine Griezmann and Diego Godín.
The team had no problems accessing their city centre hotel, and they were observed carefully by a couple of police cars, sat discreetly by their side.
Simeone will take his troops through a training session on Monday afternoon ahead of speaking to the press.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Where was Gabby Petito's body found in Grand Teton National Park?
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Vinicius and Benzema to the rescue
- NFL 49ers vs Eagles: San Francisco win 17-11 in gruelling game
- NFL Quarterback injuries overshadow Week 2 NFL action
- REAL MADRID Ancelotti: “I am living my honeymoon in Madrid"
- PREMIER LEAGUE African trio at Anfield make Premier League history for Liverpool