Phil Foden scores and told to have an early night: "School tomorrow..."
The Manchester City midfielder made history by becoming the youngest English player to score in the Champions League. His school posted a message on Twitter.
Phil Foden came on as a sub 63 minutes into last night's Champions League Last 16 return leg between Manchester City and Schalke with the home team already in a commanding position - 5-0 up on the night and 7-2 ahead in the tie on aggregate. The teenage has just enough time to get his own name on the scoresheet and in doing so, make history by becoming the youngest English player to score in the Champions League.
Hi achievement didn't go unnoticied at St Bede's College in Manchester where Foden is continuing his studies outside of football. The college published a congratulatory message on Twitter: “Well done Phil Foden. Congratulations, we are all very proud of you”.
U still have school tomorrow go to bed now kid 😘— Raheem Sterling (@sterling7) 12 de marzo de 2019
The 18-year-old player couldn't resist posting a reply to his college, with a dose of humour. “Worth forgetting to do my homework to practice for a night like this”. But then Raheem Sterling entered the fray and reminded Foden that it was already past his bedtime. “U (sic) still have school tomorrow go to bed now kid”.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Who plays on Thursday Night Football? NFL | Week 7
- SOCCER Hernán ‘Bolillo’ Gómez to be appointed as Honduras' new manager
- SOCCER Mexico's new logo gets leaked ahead of the World Cup
- NBA Boston Celtics 21/22: roster, new signings, cuts and trades
- NBA 76ers' Doc Rivers speaks on Ben Simmons, again
- MLB Braves vs. Dodgers live online, scores, stats and updates: Championship Series