BETIS 1-BARCELONA 4
Luis Suárez: ankle sprain leaves him out for 15 days
The initial diagnosis was that Suárez' injury wasn't very bad but he has almost zero chance of playing in Uruguay's upcoming friendlies against China.
Luis Suárez could not finish Barcelona's victory over Real Betis on Sunday night after injuring his ankle late on. He was helped off the field and was suffering on the sideline as the referee blew the final whistle and while he recovered sufficiently enough to walk back into the dressing room, tests on his ankle show a sprain that will keep him out for up to 15 days.
The initial prognosis was not too bad and Barcelona will be thanking their lucky stars that it isn't worse. He should miss the Espanyol game at the end of March in LaLiga and he will have games against Villarreal and a potential league-winning showdown against Atlético to fully recover from the blow.
The striker should be fulled healed for the first leg of their Champions League game against Manchester United at the Camp Nou on April 10.
The club have sent a letter to the football federation of Uruguay to ask that Suárez be excused for their two friendlies next week against China.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: USA, Caeleb Dressel gold and WR in 4x100 medley, medal count, results, today 1 August
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check and child tax credit live updates: can it be passed in August? dates, tax return, opt-out...
- NFL Zimmer "frustrated" as 3 Viking QBs sit out practice due to covid-19 protocols
- GOLD CUP 2021 Mexico's CONCACAF 2021 Gold Cup squad: key absentees
- MLB Rays beat Red Sox to move top; Mets win in Báez debut
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 medal count updates: who has won more? Tally by country, today, 1 August