Brahim keen to impress but not ruling out potential loan move
The midfielder's priority is to convince Zidane of his worth in the squad, but he may need to look for game-time away from the Bernabéu.
The return of Zinedine Zidane in the Real Madrid dugout inevitably raises a number of issues for regulars and players on the fringes of the first-team squad. One such player is Brahim Díaz, who signed in January for 15 million euros, plus add-ons, in a deal that would take him up to 2025.
Despite the midfielder's desire to fight for his place, he is no longer ruling out a loan move to prove his worth. Brahim will have to convince Zidane and is confident he can do so. However, a few weeks ago he was firmly against a move away and has now softened his stance in search of regular first-team football. Zidane has been analysing the options open to him during Madrid's training sessions, with a view to this summer's pre-season, when he is likely to make a number of decisions.
For Brahim the 2018-19 season has been a frustrating one. After deciding to renew his contract at Manchester City, he only played 15 minutes in City's Community Shield victory and 199 in the Carabao Cup, against Oxford United, Fulham (when he scored both goals) and Leicester, a total of 214 minutes. His current total with Madrid stands at 24 minutes, after playing 12 in the first leg and four in the return leg of Madrid's Copa del Rey tie against Leganés and eight against Betis in LaLiga.
Te recomendamos en English
- Child Tax Credit Child Tax Credit 2021: when is the deadline to opt out from August payment?
- US NEWS What public pools are open in summer 2021 in Los Angeles?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: Ledecky going for gold, medal count, results, today 28 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES Why is Russia called ROC at the 2021 Tokyo Olympics?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING Ledecky aiming for two golds in a day with Titmus in the way
- REAL MADRID Official: Real Madrid defender Varane signs for Manchester United