Real Madrid will play in the 2019 International Champions Cup
The Spanish club have announced that they will maintain their involvement in the pre-season tournament, one they have been successful in four times.
As the club itself officially announced on Friday, Real Madrid will be a part of the International Champions Cup 2019. Not until 27 March will know the schedule of the summer tournament, one now known for bringing together Europe's elite clubs with others from around the world in a variety of venues, as part of their preparations for the new season.
Madrid's pre-season plans
Before Real Madrid threw their expected hat into the ring, Tottenham Hotspur, Atlético Madrid, Inter Milan, Juventus, AC Milan, Manchester United, Bayern Munich, Arsenal, Benfica, Roma and Chivas de Guadalajara had already confirmed their participation.
🌐 @realmadriden will be taking part in the International Champions Cup 2019! This will be the seventh year in a row that the Whites will feature in the tournament, which has brought together the best clubs in the world every summer. #ICC2019 | #RMTourhttps://t.co/5LrPoQZReq— Real Madrid C.F. 🇬🇧🇺🇸 (@realmadriden) 22 March 2019
This summer will be the seventh consecutive edition with Los Blancos present. In the competition's current format they have not been missing since it started in 2013, and they won it in 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2015. Last year they finished sixth, after losing 1-2 to Manchester United, but beating Juventus 3-1 and Roma 2-1.
Te recomendamos en English
- NBA Philadelphia 76ers Morey says there is 'hope' for reconciliation with Ben Simmons
- US NEWS Will national parks close if there is a government shutdown?
- US NEWS How long do government shutdowns last?
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Basketball's subtle influence on the world of football
- GREEN BAY PACKERS Aaron Rodgers: "How could you not be romantic about football?"
- NFL Jalen Hurts shoulders blame after Eagles defeat to Cowboys