Man City launch 'mash-up' kit and social media outrage ensues
The Sky Blues are the latest team to launch a Nike mash-up kit which claims to 'pay homage to some of City’s best-loved kits over the past six years'. Twitter users are not convinced!
Paying homage to some of our best loved kits over the past six years! 🔥⁰— Manchester City (@ManCity) 25 March 2019
Revealing the limited-edition @nikefootball celebration shirt that features a “mashup” of nine memorable City kits from our six-year partnership with Nike ⚽️⁰
🔵 #mancity https://t.co/OitUwS6P6L
The strictly limited and numbered shirt will be released in mid April with only 6000 of the shirts set to be made available via current kit supplier Nike.
Suffice to say that the on-line reaction to the the latest effort from the Oregon based sportswear giant has been far from benevolent....with replies ranging from: "worst kit I've ever seen", "an absolute dogs dinner" through to one Twitter user claiming that this is Nike's revenge for the Manchester side choosing Puma as new kit supplier starting as of next season on a ten year deal.
Is this Nike's revenge for switching to Puma?— Timo (@Mcfcmuggs) 25 March 2019
This might be the worst kit I’ve ever seen— Keppy McKepface (@J_Keppen) 25 March 2019
I love City but that is honestly the worst shirt I’ve seen in my life 😩🙈— Colin Ball (@ballymcfc) 25 March 2019
Recommended in English
- US NEWS Would a government shutdown in December completely stop fourth stimulus check negotiations?
- SOCIAL SECURITY Can you change your Social Security number for any reason?
- NFL Bucs' Antonio Brown banned for three games by NFL
- PREMIER LEAGUE Why has Michael Carrick left Manchester Utd?
- NFL How are the uniforms of the 2021 Army vs. Navy football game? Are they for sale?
- SOCCER With what teams has Cristiano Ronaldo scored career 800 goals?