Man City launch 'mash-up' kit and social media outrage ensues
The Sky Blues are the latest team to launch a Nike mash-up kit which claims to 'pay homage to some of City’s best-loved kits over the past six years'. Twitter users are not convinced!
Paying homage to some of our best loved kits over the past six years! 🔥⁰— Manchester City (@ManCity) 25 March 2019
Revealing the limited-edition @nikefootball celebration shirt that features a “mashup” of nine memorable City kits from our six-year partnership with Nike ⚽️⁰
🔵 #mancity https://t.co/OitUwS6P6L
The strictly limited and numbered shirt will be released in mid April with only 6000 of the shirts set to be made available via current kit supplier Nike.
Suffice to say that the on-line reaction to the the latest effort from the Oregon based sportswear giant has been far from benevolent....with replies ranging from: "worst kit I've ever seen", "an absolute dogs dinner" through to one Twitter user claiming that this is Nike's revenge for the Manchester side choosing Puma as new kit supplier starting as of next season on a ten year deal.
Is this Nike's revenge for switching to Puma?— Timo (@Mcfcmuggs) 25 March 2019
This might be the worst kit I’ve ever seen— Keppy McKepface (@J_Keppen) 25 March 2019
I love City but that is honestly the worst shirt I’ve seen in my life 😩🙈— Colin Ball (@ballymcfc) 25 March 2019
Te recomendamos en English
- Child Tax Credit Child Tax Credit 2021: when is the deadline to opt out from August payment?
- US NEWS What public pools are open in summer 2021 in Los Angeles?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: Ledecky going for gold, medal count, results, today 28 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES Why is Russia called ROC at the 2021 Tokyo Olympics?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING Ledecky aiming for two golds in a day with Titmus in the way
- REAL MADRID Official: Real Madrid defender Varane signs for Manchester United