Bayern Munich to face China in May
An end-of-season game between China's national team and the Bundesliga giants has been agreed, with the fixture to be staged in Beijing.
Bayern Munich will contest the Allianz China Cup against the Chinese national team in Beijing next month, the Bundesliga club have announced.
After the conclusion of their domestic season, Bayern will travel to Beijing to play in the fixture on May 29.
The match will see the continuation of a partnership between Bayern, sponsors Allianz and the Chinese Football Association (CFA), with the reigning German champions building academies in the cities of Shenzhen and Taiyuan to add to the one in Qingdao.
Beijing's National Stadium will play host to the match, and Bayern CEO Karl-Heinz Rummenigge is hopeful they can continue to aid the development of football in the country.
"Our club has been active in China for many years and supports the development of Chinese football through numerous initiatives," Rummenigge said.
"We are delighted to have our partner Allianz on board and look forward to making a sustainable contribution to Sino-German football relations together."
Te recomendamos en English
- TENNIS Federer "feels strong" after knee surgery
- UFC McGregor's first pitch at Wrigley nearly a knockout
- US NEWS Autopsy confirms remains found in Grand Teton Park are Gabby Petito's
- Browns place Landry on IR with sprained MCL
- NBA Brooklyn Nets GM Marks on NYC vaccine mandate and high expectations: "We're ready"
- NBA 15-year NBA veteran JJ Redick announces retirement