"Zlatan is at the level of Messi and Cristiano" - Barros Schelotto
The LA Galaxy coach is aware of what Zlatan Ibrahimovic represents for the club, as his goals and leadership on the field guide the team to better results.
Zlatan Ibrahimovic has been showcasing his incredible form so far this 2019 season and, along with Carlos Vela, the LA Galaxy captain stands out as one of the best players in the competition, and is in second place on the scoring charts with eight goals.
Zlatan, Messi, Ronaldo
The Swedish striker scored the winning goal for Galaxy in Sunday's match and his coach, Guillermo Barros Schelotto, didn't hesitate to praise the European star, even comparing him to Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo.
"I think Ibra is at the same level as Messi and Ronaldo; it's not easy to have a player like him; he's very good," stated the Argentine strategist, who knows only too well that Zlatan is a vital part of his team.
LA Galaxy has taken a big step in the current MLS season, with only one defeat and one draw, and stands out as one of the most teams with most wins in the league, alongside LAFC.
"If we find Zlatan in the area, we know he's going to score, so we have to make it work, from right to left because once he has the ball in the area, he's very calm in taking the best decisions," concluded Schelotto.
Recommended in English
- Coronavirus Is armpit pain after the covid vaccine or booster shot a normal symptom?
- SOCCER Mohamed Salah sends message to Barcelona
- MLS Jesse Marsch linked to LAFC job after being sacked by RB Leipzig
- USMNT Christian Pulisic explains struggle on the road to recovery
- MANCHESTER UNITED Man United manager Rangnick delivers a 'chapeau' to Ronaldo work-rate
- NBA Did the Bucks' Giannis Antetokounmpo miss the game against Miami Heat?