RAC: Barcelona directors annoyed with Rakitic festival outing
Bartomeu might have stumbled upon the perfect excuse to not renew the Croatian as he continues to push for a better deal at the club.
According to RAC-1 programme, Primer Toc, Barcelona directors are annoyed with Ivan Rakitic after he appeared at the Feria de Sevilla the day after Liverpool beat them 4-0 and ended their Champions League dreams for another season.
On Wednesday it was reported that a section of the fans were annoyed with the Croatian but it seems the board are peeved too. He was photographed alongside the son of former Sevilla president, José María del Nido, and with devastated fans still making their way back from Liverpool, they feel it was not the day to be at the fair.
Bartomeu might have stumbled upon the perfect excuse not to renew Rakitic and give him a better contract. It is a sensitive topic at the moment. Both parties will look for their best option and Rakitic wants one more big contract before the end of his career and Barcelona want to make money off a sale.
Aside from this episode, Rakitic has been a model professional at the club and has served the club well. His work is beyond doubt and he has been one of the best midfielders in the world over the last five years.
Recommended in English
- Coronavirus Why did WHO skip letter Xi and name Omicron the new covid variant?
- NFL What is Dak Prescott contract with Dallas Cowboys? salary and duration
- US NEWS Shooting in Oxford, Michigan high school: how many victims and who is the suspect?
- CHRISTMAS NYC Rockefeller Center Christmas tree lighting: times, price tickets, TV and how to watch
- COVID-19 How many Covid-19 variants have been there besides Omicron? what are their differences?
- NFL Why are the Green Bay Packers called cheeseheads? What kind of cheese are the cheeseheads?