Matthijs de Ligt-Barcelona deal concluded in Montecarlo
Catalan TV station Esport 3 reveal that Barça officials and Mino Raiola met in Monaco on April 12th to agree terms for the defender's move to the LaLiga club.
Matthijs de Ligt's move to Barça is close to completion maintains Catalan journalist Oriol Domènech. He was speaking on the Club de la Mitjanit television show on Esport 3 and claims that Mino Raiola (De Ligt's agent) met with a team of FC Barcelona club officials on April 12 in Montecarlo to agree terms for the Ajax defender's move to the Catalan side.
Barça are convinced that they will eventually secure De Ligt's signature and the acquisition will see the 19-year-old line up with current Ajax team mate Frenkie de Jong who confirmed his move to Barcelona back in January. The acquisition of the defender could spell a Camp Nou exit for Samuel Umtiti, who, despite renewing terms with Barça last year, has seen his playing time limited due to a recurring knee problem.
Ajax play their final Eredivisie league game this week and are on the cusp of claiming the title, leading PSV by three points and travelling to face lowly De Graafschap. With the curtain falling on the Dutch season, Barça are anxious to unveil both Dutch players ahead of the Copa del Rey final where Valverde's men will be aiming for the double as they face Valencia in Seville on May 25.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: Simone Biles, medal winners, athletes and results, 27 July
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA: why is the CDC recommending that vaccinated people wear masks indoors?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | GYMNASTICS Simone Biles out, Olympic Games Tokyo 2020: results & who won gymnastics team final
- Tokyo Olympics: Biles 'dealing with things internally' after shock withdrawal
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SURFING Tokyo Olympics 2021: USA's Carissa Moore wins surfing gold
- OLYMPIC GAMES Team USA hopeful Biles will recover to compete in Tokyo