Nicolás Gaitán earned MLS Player of the Week honors
Chicago Fire's Argentine attacking midfielder was a key figure in week 11 for the Windy City franchise.
Chicago Fire got two wins in a row against New England Revolution and Minnesota United in Week 11, with no player shining brighter than Nico Gaitan. And that's why he was chosen as the MLS Player of the Week.
Chicago Fire faced the Revs in the midweek session where Nico lifted the Fire over New England for a 5-0 win, a game where he assisted the first two goals and scored a goal, after having created four chances.
The 31-year-old extended his form into the weekend match, helping Chicago to take the lead over the Loons early in the game, before setting up the assist for the winning goal.
Gaitan left Saturday's match 12 minutes after providing the assist for Vito Mannone's goal, due to a hamstring injury which will keep out of action for several games.
Player of the Week
Each week an MLS player of the week is chosen by the media and fan voting process conducted by MLS Communications, with 75% of weight of the vote going to North American Soccer Reporters, while a Twitter fan vote represents the remaining 25%.
Te recomendamos en English
- Child Tax Credit Child Tax Credit 2021: when is the deadline to opt out from August payment?
- US NEWS What public pools are open in summer 2021 in Los Angeles?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: summary, results and medal count - 28 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES Why is Russia called ROC at the 2021 Tokyo Olympics?
- CORONAVIRUS What are the new CDC mask guidelines for schools?
- OLYMPICS USA played with freedom in bounce-back Iran victory – Kevin Durant