Zidane selects Montreal as Real Madrid 19/20 pre-season base
The LaLiga club return to the Canadian city as they did as part of their 2016-17 season preparation and will use Montreal Impact's facilities.
Real Madrid are heading back to Montreal (Canada) as their main base for their 2019/20 pre-season base in North America. Zidane used the Montreal Impact facilities during the summer of 2016 and was so impressed, has opted to make a return to the Canadian city.
Last year's Russia World Cup was the main factor that impeded Madrid to carry out pre-season in Canada, opting to stay in the Spanish capital due to the fact that 15 of the 23 man squad were involved in action in Russia.
At present Real Madrid have five pre-season games confirmed: They open their warm-up series facing Bayern Munich on July 20 in Houston, then face Arsenal in Landover on the 23rd. The last match in the International Champions Cup is a Madrid derby against Atletico in East Rutherford three days later. Zidane's men then return to Europe where they are set to face Spurs in the semi-final of the Audi Cup on July 30, with the Munich final taking place on the following day. At present no date has been confirmed for the annual Trofeo Bernabeu.
Te recomendamos en English
- SOCCER Real Madrid's Vinicius outshining his idol Neymar at PSG
- Technology Which phones will no longer support WhatsApp starting on November 1?
- SOCIAL SECURITY How many people will benefit from the Social Security increase in California?
- NFL NFL Commissioner Goodell: WFT probe results won’t be released
- NFL | STEELERS Steelers coach Tomlin says he would 'never' take college job
- NBA | LAKERS Westbrook: "I'm not used to people cheering for me on the road"