Alejandro Pozuelo apologizes after his first MLS red card
Alejandro Pozuelo did not have his best performance against Real Salt Lake, because, in addition to his team being thrashed, the Spaniard saw red.
Toronto FC and Alejandro Pozuelo had a bad afternoon against Real Salt Lake, Not only were they beaten 3-0 but the Spanish star was sent out of the game on the 61st minute, after kicking Sebastián Saucedo which earned him his second yellow card of the match.
It had only been two minutes after RSL scored the third goal when Saucedo tried to rush down the left-wing but, to prevent the break, Pozuelo got into Saucedo's path and brought him down, and the referee signalled a foul before showing a second yellow card to the Spaniard, followed by the inevitable red. He was off.
The 27-year old apologized after the game expressing his embarrassment for what happened, "I talked to my teammates as I wanted to apologize because we were on a difficult situation, I know we lost 3-0 and by being expelled the team had to play with 10 players which was no good for anyone."
Pozuelo mentioned he needs to learn from this red card, accepting his fault in the matter. The Spaniard also showed himself optimistic for the upcoming games explaining they will work very hard to get back on the victory road.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 23 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 volleyball and beach volleyball schedule: dates, times, groups
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING Tokyo Olympics 2021: Team USA's swimming schedule - dates, times, strokes, events
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING What are Katie Ledecky's stats: records, Olympic medals, titles
- OLYMPIC GAMES What are the differences between indoor volleyball and beach volleyball in the Olympics?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOFTBALL AND BASEBALL Which sports were pulled from the 2012 and 2016 Olympics and are returning in Tokyo 2021?