Firmino fit for Champions League final - Klopp
Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp confirmed Roberto Firmino is fit to face Tottenham in Madrid, but would not reveal his team.
Roberto Firmino is fit and ready to start the Champions League final, Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp confirmed on Friday.
Firmino missed Liverpool's last three games with a groin injury but is available to face Tottenham in Madrid on Saturday.
The Brazil forward, though, is not guaranteed a place in the team for Saturday's showpiece.
Klopp keeping cards close to chest
Klopp was unwilling to give away any clues over his selection plans, with midfielder Naby Keita the only injury absentee.
"Yes, he's ready," Klopp said at a news conference when asked about Firmino's availability. "He's fit and he has trained. He should be fine.
"If he will start? I'll only tell you if Poch [Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino] gives away his full team!"
With Firmino absent, Divock Origi scored the decisive goal to seal a thrilling semi-final comeback against Barcelona earlier this month.
The Belgium striker had given the Reds an early lead in the second leg at Anfield before converting Trent Alexander-Arnold's clever corner to seal a 4-3 aggregate triumph.
Recommended in English
- NFL “Nobody is satisfied here” Brady and the Bucs are ready to take on the Eagles!
- NFL NFL: Rams' Weddle set for stunning playoff comeback against Cardinals
- NFL Tom Brady vs Jalen Hurts: wild card appearances, stats and records
- USMNT Juventus boss praises USMNT midfielder Weston McKennie
- AFCON 2022 Khazri nets brace as Eagles of Carthage soar past the Lions
- AFCON 2022 Late blunder and Kessie miss cost Elephants