Zack Steffen ready to switch MLS for Manchester City
The Columbus goalkeeper will play his last game with the Crew this Saturday before joining the USMNT for the Gold Cup and completing his transfer to Man City.
Steffen's transfer to the Premier League club was announced in December, and he won't have the summer off to make his move or finish the current MLS season, having played only 15 games.
"It's definitely weird, but it's nice that I was able to have this time in Columbus and get my mind ready for the trip over and enjoy the last couple months that I had here. It's been great," Steffen said, adding: "Columbus has been an amazing time and a crucial part of my career, it's really the start of my career, and it's been great."
But before making the jump to Europe, Steffen will join up with the US men's national team for the Gold Cup after Saturday's match by traveling to the USMNT camp in Annapolis, Maryland.
"It will be fun; it should be some good games and good competition with the national team. I'm excited to get back with that group and be pushed there and have a successful tournament with them."
After his international duties are done, Steffen will head to Manchester to finalize his transfer. Alluding to the the hectic time he's having in the interim, the keeper said: "It's been busy with different interviews and getting my apartment ready and getting packed up for the Gold Cup and packed up to leave Columbus."
Steffen left the the club on a good note saying: "I'll never ever forget my time here or the people here."
Te recomendamos en English
- SOCCER Real Madrid's Vinicius outshining his idol Neymar at PSG
- Technology Which phones will no longer support WhatsApp starting on November 1?
- SOCIAL SECURITY How many people will benefit from the Social Security increase in California?
- NFL NFL Commissioner Goodell: WFT probe results won’t be released
- NFL | STEELERS Steelers coach Tomlin says he would 'never' take college job
- NBA | LAKERS Westbrook: "I'm not used to people cheering for me on the road"