Manchester United offer Juan Mata new contract
The Red Devils have confimed that Juan Mata has been offered a new deal, while Ander Herrera and Antonio Valenica are leaving the club.
Manchester United have offered Juan Mata a new contract.
The Spanish midfielder has been widely tipped to leave Old Trafford this summer, along with team mates Ander Herrera and Antonio Valencia, whose contracts are also set to expire this month.
And the in their latest list of released players, United confirmed that Herrera and Valencia are leaving the club, while Mata has been offered a new contract.
Mata, who joined the Red Devils from Chelsea in 2014, has been heavily linked with a move to Barcelona, which is reportedly the favoured option of the Spaniard. However, ESPN reports this Friday that its sources say that the 31-year-old is not a priority for the Catalan club.
While Mata considers his options for next season, compatriot Herrera is set to join PSG. Ecuador international, Valencia, who is currently training with his national team mates ahead of the Copa América, is reportedly a target of Galatasaray.
United confirm first summer signing
Meanwhile, the Old Trafford outfit has confirmed their first summer signing, Swansea City winger Daniel James.
We're delighted to have agreed terms, in principle, with Swansea City for the transfer of Daniel James to #MUFC.— Manchester United (@ManUtd) 7 June 2019
Further details will be revealed in due course.
The 21-year-old Welsh international’s signing was confirmed by United this Friday, after both clubs agreed to a fee of £18 million (20 million euros).
Recommended in English
- MLB Why is the MLB close to a lockout? What are the key issues?
- NFL Where does the Dallas Cowboys - New York Giants team rivalry comes from?
- NFL Who has the biggest NFL rivalry?
- US NEWS What services are likely to stop during a government shutdown?
- SUPREME COURT ABORTION CASES Supreme Court on Roe v Wade live updates: arguments, Abortion Law, Mississippi...
- NFL Who are the 10 best Dallas Cowboy players of all time?