US boss Berhalter to focus on Group D top spot against Panama
The US coach expects Panama to be their most difficult rival in the Gold Cup so far and highlighted the virtues of the Central American side.
Coach Gregg Berhalter talked about the qualities Panama possess and how the US have struggled against them in the past, saying this will be their hardest test of the Gold Cup so far.
"We expect a hard game, we have close history against them, but our priority is to win and advance as group leaders, we know Panama, they're strong, and it'll be a great test for us to face them," he said.
The USMNT coach stressed the importance of finishing first in the group, as it will mean they'll go up against Curaçao in the last eight. But he admitted it won't be easy as Panama are going to be a fierce rival.
Losing to Panama would mean that the US will face Jamaica next.
"Panama have strong, fast, and unbalancing players; players like Román Torres, Cummings, Murillo, Cooper, who we know very well," concluded the US coach.
Recommended in English
- US NEWS Would a government shutdown in December completely stop fourth stimulus check negotiations?
- SOCIAL SECURITY Can you change your Social Security number for any reason?
- NFL Bucs' Antonio Brown banned for three games by NFL
- PREMIER LEAGUE Why has Michael Carrick left Manchester Utd?
- NFL How are the uniforms of the 2021 Army vs. Navy football game? Are they for sale?
- SOCCER With what teams has Cristiano Ronaldo scored career 800 goals?