Megan Rapinoe's Wikipedia profile changed to President of the United States by fans
The US women's national team captain has gained the love of her fans in such a way that they named her President of the United States.
Megan Rapinoe has been subject of a lot of headlines during the last couple weeks and not just for her participation with the United States women's national team, but also her opposition against the current US government.
Such is the case that the USWNT captain was identified as 'President of the United States' on her Wikipedia profile, which was edited by her followers, naming her POTUS. In response, Wikipedia blocked Megan Rapinoe's page so that no one else could have a go at changing her profile.
Megan Rapinoe has fought constantly in support of minorities and that has earned her a great deal of exposure worldwide. At the 2019 France Women's World Cup, she hit the headlines for expressing her disagreement with Donald Trump's government. She announced that should the USWNT win the World Cup, she will boycott any visit to the White House.
The captain insists she does not regret her decisionand will encourage others to adopt the same stance: “I would encourage my team mates to think hard about lending that platform or having that co-opted by an administration that doesn’t feel the same way and doesn’t fight for the same things we fight for”.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Do all states have to follow the mask mandate?
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Asensio magic sets up Spain's Olympic final showdown with Brazil
- SOCCER Van Gaal named Netherlands head coach for third time
- SERIE A Eriksen returns to Inter for first time since cardiac arrest
- NBA Carmelo to join LeBron and the Lakers
- TOKYO OLYMPICS De Grasse succeeds Bolt as McLaughlin breaks record