Dembélé considered non-transferrable...for now
Barcelona consider Ousmane Dembélé non-transferrable for the moment but any movement on the Neymar front could change his status in the team.
Barcelona are counting on Ousmane Dembélé as a key piece of their project next season and are holding plenty of hope that he can deliver on his potential in the next 12 months. Nevertheless, this is all conditional depending on what happens with Neymar.
If Barcelona can get the Neymar deal over the line, it would spell the end for the French attacker, who arrived after the Brazilian was sold to PSG in 2017. He would ask to leave or maybe become part of the deal so he could team up with Mbappé once again. The pair were a force to be reckoned with when they played together in France's underage teams.
At the moment, Bayern Munich are the side most interested in the situation. As the curtain falls on Robben and Ribery's spells at the club, the Bundesliga side are in search of replacements.
Barcelona have denied any offers have been made but in Germany there are reports of a Bayern offer for around €70 million. That price is considered too low based on Barcelona's evaluation of the player after they paid €105 million in the summer of 2017 with €40 million more in variables. The deal, if there is to be any, will have to be higher than €100 million.
At the moment, the situation remains the same with the Barcelona board handcuffed by the potential Neymar deal. Any movement on that front could change Dembélé's future but for the moment, he is still considered untouchable.
Te recomendamos en English
- BARCELONA Pedro: "I would love to return to Barcelona"
- Kane has no limits, says former Tottenham team-mate Soldado
- EUROPA LEAGUE Lacazette and Saka sizzle as Arsenal end top of their group
- TOTTENHAM Fellaini rules out Mourinho reunion at Totthenham
- Liverpool, Man City lead FIFA TOTY nominations as Griezmann and Pogba miss out
- BAYERN MUNICH 'Lucky' Coman out just three games with torn knee capsule