Dembélé considered non-transferrable...for now
Barcelona consider Ousmane Dembélé non-transferrable for the moment but any movement on the Neymar front could change his status in the team.
Barcelona are counting on Ousmane Dembélé as a key piece of their project next season and are holding plenty of hope that he can deliver on his potential in the next 12 months. Nevertheless, this is all conditional depending on what happens with Neymar.
If Barcelona can get the Neymar deal over the line, it would spell the end for the French attacker, who arrived after the Brazilian was sold to PSG in 2017. He would ask to leave or maybe become part of the deal so he could team up with Mbappé once again. The pair were a force to be reckoned with when they played together in France's underage teams.
At the moment, Bayern Munich are the side most interested in the situation. As the curtain falls on Robben and Ribery's spells at the club, the Bundesliga side are in search of replacements.
Barcelona have denied any offers have been made but in Germany there are reports of a Bayern offer for around €70 million. That price is considered too low based on Barcelona's evaluation of the player after they paid €105 million in the summer of 2017 with €40 million more in variables. The deal, if there is to be any, will have to be higher than €100 million.
At the moment, the situation remains the same with the Barcelona board handcuffed by the potential Neymar deal. Any movement on that front could change Dembélé's future but for the moment, he is still considered untouchable.
Te recomendamos en English
- PSG Paris still displaying Neymar love
- BARCELONA-REAL MADRID Spanish government say Clásico at Camp Nou is 'not sensible'
- BARCELONA Barcelona change Eibar travel plans to avoid Catalan strike
- PREMIER LEAGUE Dier urges Spurs to "embrace the situation" they have created
- FC Barcelona Messi's greatest goals across 15 years at Camp Nou
- SERIE A Alexis Sanchez ankle surgery goes "exactly as planned"