Atlanta United endured its worst lost ever against Chicago
Chicago Fire crushed 5-1 the current MLS champions besides giving them the worst lost the Five Stripes had received since its debut back in 2017.
The Fire defeated the Five Stripes with a 5-1 score, becoming the worst result ever for Atlanta since its MLS debut in the 2017 season, as they've never received more than four goals in one match.
Chicago in less than 15 minutes into the game was winning 3-0 at Toyota Park, taking advantage of the red card that Ligue González Pires got, to give Atlanta its third loss in a row on the road. Brandon Vazquez scored by penalty shot the lone goal for Frank de Boer's side.
Disappointing night in Chicago pic.twitter.com/vyQ90Vwlqt— Atlanta United FC (@ATLUTD) July 4, 2019
It's uncommon for Atlanta United to be trashed that way, the first time they received three goals was in 2017 against DC United (3-1), while its worst results were against Monterrey at CONCACAF Champions League (3-0), Houston Dynamo (4-0) and Toronto FC (4-1).
What's next for the champ?
The loss to Chicago left the current MLS champion in fourth place of the Eastern Conference with 30 points, 5 spots behind the current Conference leader, with two games less than Philadelphia Union who has 35 points in 20 matches.
Atlanta United adds its third straight loss on the road, hoping to turn things around when they host New York RB and St. Louis FC before taking the road against to face the Seattle Sounders.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks, latest news
- USA News US Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg dies aged 87
- AMAZON PRIME VIDEO The Boys Season 2: how many episodes, dates of release and when is the last one?
- Arteta: Aubameyang stayed because Arsenal is an 'incredible club' as big as Barcelona & Inter
- Liverpool Thiago: “When you win, you want to win more”
- Coronavirus Flu shot: who should get it and when?