Roma and Spurs interested in signing Mariano
The Serie A side are interested in a loan deal but Real Madrid would prefer a sale while the player himself wants to stay and convince Zidane.
Mariano is another name of the increasingly short shortlist to leave Real Madrid this summer. His situation is different to that of Ceballos, Marcos Llorente and Kovacic, however, as they wanted to leave the club.
Real Madrid have opened the door for a transfer after Zidane didn't express any particularly strong desire to keep him but Mariano doesn't see a departure as his best option.
Despite his excellent performance with Lyon two seasons ago when he scored 21 goals, the striker struggled last season with lack of opportunities. He is happy in Madrid though and feels like he can change Zidane's opinion of him if he can stay and fight for his place.
Roma and Spurs interested
Many clubs in Europe are aware of Mariano's situation and have asked about his availability and the latest to register interest are AS Roma. The Serie A side are interested in a loan deal but Madrid would prefer a permanent move in order to balance the books after a summer that saw Florentino Pérez sign Eden Hazard, Luka Jovic and Ferland Mendy among others.
Another option is Tottenham Hotspur, who have also enquired. He would take up Llorente's vacated position with his contract at the club expiring at the start of the month.
Te recomendamos en English
- Spain Luis Enrique return handled perfectly, explains Rubiales
- PREMIER LEAGUE Manchester City post record revenue according to report
- Tottenham Mauricio Pochettino leaves Tottenham Hotspur
- GIMNASIA LP Diego Maradona no longer manager at Gimnasia LP
- SERIE A Kluivert: De Ligt regrets picking Juventus over Barcelona
- REAL MADRID Skriniar's agent: "I can see him going to Real Madrid"