Zlatan Ibrahimovic back in the MLS Golden Boot race
The LA Galaxy captain rediscovered his goalscoring touch by netting both of the team's goals in the victory against Toronto to take his tally for the season to 13.
Zlatan Ibrahimovic has a knack of finding the back of the net but things didn't go so smoothly for the Swede last month when he went five games without scoring. Until this weekend, his last goal was against New England Revolution on 2 June.
It was his longest drought since joining the MLS, but the LA Galaxy striker fired his way back on the scoresheet against Toronto FC, netting both goals to crown the 4th of July celebrations with a home win for the LA side. Zlatan added his 12th and 13th goal of the season and is second in the MLS Golden Boot race, four behind leader LAFC captain, Carlos Vela.
"Of course, I will score, that is the last problem I have. But I'm not worried about the goals. I think the collective performance is more important than my goals because if the collective performance is there, the goals will come," said Ibrahimovic.
And he's remains confident about his promise to set an MLS record or two this season although he admitted that other factors which are out of his control could be in play. "As long as they don't suspend me, maybe I can break some records, but I'm not in control of that," he concluded.
Te recomendamos en English
- EL CLÁSICO Barcelona-Real Madrid: LaLiga proposes Clásico on 7 December
- PARIS SAINT-GERMAIN Mbappé, Cavani back as injuries ease up for PSG
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Piqué, Dembélé to 'join' general strike in Catalonia
- REAL MADRID Vinicius will soon be one of the world's best - Ronaldinho
- BARCELONA-REAL MADRID El Clásico: Barça open to date change but won't play in Madrid
- JUVENTUS Cristiano Ronaldo continues to play King Midas at Juventus