Neymar tells PSG he wants to leave
According to UOL, the Brazilian star has told boss Al Khelaifi and sporting director Leonardo that he doesn't want to play for PSG again.
Neymar has told his current club Paris Saint-Germain that he wants to leave, according to Brazilian outlet UOL Esporte. Neymar reportedly told PSG's sporting director Leonardo that his decision to leave is final and he doesn't want to play for PSG again. Leonardo is said to have tried to convince the striker to change his mind, to no avail.
Neymar's message: I want to leave PSG
This, however, is not supposedly the first time Neymar has delivered this message, having told the Brazilian players at the club (Marquinhos, Thiago Silva and Dani Alves) at the end of the season and also club president Nasser Al-Khelaifi.
Barcelona president Josep Maria Bartomeu has admitted that Barça have been made aware Neymar wants to leave Paris: "We know Neymar wants to leave PSG, but we know that PSG don't want Neymar to go".
Neymar's father reacts to PSG statement
In reaction to PSG announcing they would take action for Neymar's no-show today, the player's father hit back immediately, saying the club had known for over a year that the player had a diary commitment running through to 15 July and wouldn't be back with the club until then.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: summary, results and medal count - 29 July
- GOLD CUP Mexico vs Canada, Gold Cup semi-final: how to watch - times, TV, online
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 medal count updates: who has won more? Tally by country, today, 29 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES | GYMNASTICS Simone Biles suffers twisties: What are they? How do they affect gymnasts?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | BASKETBALL Tokyo Olympics: Luka Doncic 'dominating the Games like no player in 30 years'
- OLYMPIC GAMES Golfer McIlroy praises Biles and Osaka for raising mental health awareness