USA Women's impose historic mark in FIFA ranking
The world champions keep breaking records, and after winning their fourth World Cup title, they imposed a historic mark in the FIFA world ranking.
The Women's World Cup is over, but the back-to-back champions are far from done establishing themselves as the best team in the world, as they continue to break records left and right, both individually and as a team in France.
Now, the spotlight is once again on them, as FIFA updated its ranking, where the USWNT appears top of the list, which is not new, however, by reaching the number 1 spot, the American team registered a record never seen before.
It is no surprise the to see the US women's team in first place. But the 121-point gap between it and second placed Germany is the largest gap ever registered in the ranking's history.
The US women's national team's support-base continues to grow and their achievements were reflected at the ESPYS awards, as Jill Ellis' squad was awarded Best Team of the year.
World Cup recognitions
Megan Rapinoe, Alex Morgan and Rose Lavelle brought home almost all of the individual World Cup prizes: the Golden Boot, Golden Ball, Silver Boot, and Bronze Ball; while Morgan also scooped the ESPY award for Best Female Athlete.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Coronavirus: total Nigeria cases and deaths, real-time map, 9 April
- Coronavirus Coronavirus: total UK cases and deaths, real-time map, 9 April
- Coronavirus Coronavirus live updates: data, infections, deaths USA, India, UK... April 9
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus: total India cases and deaths, real-time map, 9 April
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus: Bundesliga aims for May restart behind closed doors
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid agree to slash players' wage bill by €33-56m