USA Women's impose historic mark in FIFA ranking
The world champions keep breaking records, and after winning their fourth World Cup title, they imposed a historic mark in the FIFA world ranking.
The Women's World Cup is over, but the back-to-back champions are far from done establishing themselves as the best team in the world, as they continue to break records left and right, both individually and as a team in France.
Now, the spotlight is once again on them, as FIFA updated its ranking, where the USWNT appears top of the list, which is not new, however, by reaching the number 1 spot, the American team registered a record never seen before.
It is no surprise the to see the US women's team in first place. But the 121-point gap between it and second placed Germany is the largest gap ever registered in the ranking's history.
The US women's national team's support-base continues to grow and their achievements were reflected at the ESPYS awards, as Jill Ellis' squad was awarded Best Team of the year.
World Cup recognitions
Megan Rapinoe, Alex Morgan and Rose Lavelle brought home almost all of the individual World Cup prizes: the Golden Boot, Golden Ball, Silver Boot, and Bronze Ball; while Morgan also scooped the ESPY award for Best Female Athlete.
Te recomendamos en English
- TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR Kane: Probably toughest time since I've been at Tottenham
- Premier League Liverpool praise Man United for swift action on racist abuse
- PARIS SAINT-GERMAIN Mbappé, Cavani unable to play 90 minutes yet, says PSG boss Tuchel
- BARCELONA-REAL MADRID Clásico decision pushed back to Barcelona and Real Madrid
- ATLÉTICO DE MADRID Atlético de Madrid tracking Porto's youth pearl Fabio Silva
- GALATASARAY-REAL MADRID Zidane: "The rumours bother me; I want to be here forever"