USA Women's impose historic mark in FIFA ranking
The world champions keep breaking records, and after winning their fourth World Cup title, they imposed a historic mark in the FIFA world ranking.
The Women's World Cup is over, but the back-to-back champions are far from done establishing themselves as the best team in the world, as they continue to break records left and right, both individually and as a team in France.
Now, the spotlight is once again on them, as FIFA updated its ranking, where the USWNT appears top of the list, which is not new, however, by reaching the number 1 spot, the American team registered a record never seen before.
It is no surprise the to see the US women's team in first place. But the 121-point gap between it and second placed Germany is the largest gap ever registered in the ranking's history.
The US women's national team's support-base continues to grow and their achievements were reflected at the ESPYS awards, as Jill Ellis' squad was awarded Best Team of the year.
World Cup recognitions
Megan Rapinoe, Alex Morgan and Rose Lavelle brought home almost all of the individual World Cup prizes: the Golden Boot, Golden Ball, Silver Boot, and Bronze Ball; while Morgan also scooped the ESPY award for Best Female Athlete.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS Third stimulus check: who would be eligible under Joe Biden’s proposal?
- Spanish Super Cup Leo Messi shown red card in Spanish Super Cup final against Athletic
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks Third stimulus check: will be there a new round of payments?
- LIGA MX Former Houston Astros general manager looking to buy a Liga MX club
- US NEWS What have Republicans said about the new American Rescue Plan?
- US NEWS $2000 stimulus check updates today: Biden $1,400 third payment, who is eligible, dates | Live