Inter Miami reveal date to announce first two signings
The new MLS Florida franchise will announce by the end of July the name of its first two players as they get ready for their debut season in 2020.
Inter Miami is working fast, as the new MLS franchise begins to take shape. And, alhough the stadium is already under construction, many elements are still missing, which is why Paul McDonough, Sports Director of the Florida team, announced they had already set the date to reveal the first two players of Beckham's franchise.
The team manager spoke with the Miami Herald and specified the club is in negotiations with six or seven players, with the first couple probably signing before the end of July, adding that they expect to have between four and eight players in the squad by September.
For now, Miami faces a complicated challenge, as players who are bought must stay out 'on loan' at another team until December 2019, with the aim of them not losing form. McDonough knows the profile he is looking for in his players as he hopes to build a squad of 30 footballers from South and Central America as well as Europe.
Is there a coach yet?
McDonough does not have the name of the coach who will take the reins of the team just yet, however, he knows the profile he is looking for, and is confident with the time he has. The plan is to select the best coach for an impressive debut in the MLS.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Rodgers, Jones give Green Bay first win of season: NFL Week 2 ratings
- NFL Who won Monday Night Football in NFL Week 2?
- NFL The NFL taunting rule is here to stay amidst criticism
- USMNT Sergiño Dest struggled in his return to Barcelona’s starting XI
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Ronald Koeman sacking a matter of when, not if
- Barcelona have to be more united than ever, says Ter Stegen