Inter Miami look set to make first signing
The 2020 MLS expansion team are reportedly close to recruiting their first player, with the signing to presented by the end of the month.
So much has been said about who will become the first signing of David Beckham's MLS team, with names like Luis Suárez, Robert Lewandowski or even Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi mentioned in connection with the 2020 expansion team. However, Inter Miami's maiden recruit may prove to be not quite such a marquee name.
According to the Argentine newspaper El Dia, 19-year-old Estudiantes winger Matias Pellegrini is undergoing a medical with Inter Miami with a view to joining in a deal worth about $10 million. The player would remain with the Argentine club until Miami's inaugural season in 2020.
Paul McDonough, Inter Miami sporting director, recently announced they would reveal the first signings by the end of the month, although he didn't give a specific date.
The young Argentine player concluded his first season with Estudiantes recently, making 17 appearances, with three goals and one assist. Pellegrini usually plays on the left and has been called up by the U17 and U20 Argentina national teams.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID James rates his figures at Real Madrid: "Not too bad!"
- SERIE A Luis Alberto signs new five-year deal with Lazio
- US ELECTION The Biden-Trump debate: what is the format and what topics will be covered?
- FIFA 21 FIFA 21 Web App: when will it be released?
- TRANSFER MARKET Jorge Mendes strikes it rich in Covid crisis transfer market
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Zidane approves Jovic loan; Roma and Inter Milan keen on taking the striker