Inter Miami look set to make first signing
The 2020 MLS expansion team are reportedly close to recruiting their first player, with the signing to presented by the end of the month.
So much has been said about who will become the first signing of David Beckham's MLS team, with names like Luis Suárez, Robert Lewandowski or even Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi mentioned in connection with the 2020 expansion team. However, Inter Miami's maiden recruit may prove to be not quite such a marquee name.
According to the Argentine newspaper El Dia, 19-year-old Estudiantes winger Matias Pellegrini is undergoing a medical with Inter Miami with a view to joining in a deal worth about $10 million. The player would remain with the Argentine club until Miami's inaugural season in 2020.
Paul McDonough, Inter Miami sporting director, recently announced they would reveal the first signings by the end of the month, although he didn't give a specific date.
The young Argentine player concluded his first season with Estudiantes recently, making 17 appearances, with three goals and one assist. Pellegrini usually plays on the left and has been called up by the U17 and U20 Argentina national teams.
Te recomendamos en English
- Mallorca - Real Madrid Mallorca looking to go big in Japan thanks to Take Kubo
- LALIGA Mallorca vs Real Madrid live online: LaLiga 2019/20
- Premier League Review Alli saves Spurs as Chelsea and Leicester City march on
- Premier League Chelsea's Lampard delighted as Hudson-Odoi and Pulisic impress
- ATLÉTICO MADRID Joao Félix out with sprained ankle
- Crystal Palace 0-2 Manchester City Manchester City back in the groove